Sony HDR-CX900E Full HD Handycam Camcorder (PAL)
- Product SKU: BB-439898BHC
- Category: Best Selling Products, Discounts, Let's Bargain, Mega Menu - Featured Products, Mega Menu - Featured Products, Mega Menu - Featured Products, Mega Menu - Featured Products, Newest Products, Pal Camcorders
- 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 1080p Video and 20MP Still Images
- XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4 Recording Options
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens
- 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom
- BIONZ X Processor / High Speed 120 fps
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- 0.39" OLED EVF / 3.5" XtraFine LCD
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
- Multi Interface Shoe for Accessories
The Sony HDR-CX900E Full HD Handycam Camcorder is designed for European video standards and captures Full HD 1920x1080 video at 50p/50i, as well as 20MP still images. The 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor is approximately 8x larger than that of typical camcorders, allowing you to capture cinematic images with shallow depth-of-field for defocused backgrounds. The camcorder features a wide-angle Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens with 12x optical zoom plus 24x Clear Image digital zoom. SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode delivers smooth video, and 3-Way-Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother results.
The HDR-CX900E is a versatile camcorder that lets you capture Full HD 1920x1080 video in XAVC S (up to 50 Mbps), AVCHD, or web-optimized MP4. You can also capture high-quality 20MP still images. Frame your shots using either the large 3.5" XtraFine LCD touchscreen, or with the high-contrast 0.39" OLED EVF. For connectivity, the camcorder provides a USB 2.0 port, Micro HDMI output, and a Composite Video output. Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC support lets you use your smartphone or tablet to control the camera, as well as wirelessly transfer files to your mobile device for sharing, and back up data on your computer.
A rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, AC adapter, power cord, HDMI Micro cable, and a USB connection support cable come included. Also included are a lens hood, lens cap, and RMT-835 Remote Commander with battery.
- 1" Exmor CMOS Sensor with Direct Pixel Read Out
- The HDR-CX900E features Sony's 1.0" Exmor R CMOS sensor. The back-illuminated technology improves low-light sensitivity and combines with Sony's Column A/D Conversion to reduce noise by 50%. This is great when shooting in dimly lit environments such as night landscapes or indoor scenes.
- 1080p Video and 20MP Still Images
- The 20-megapixel CMOS sensor allows you to capture 1080p video at 24, 25, and 50 fps, and high-quality 20MP still images.
- Versatile Shooting with XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4 Codecs
- The HDR-CX900E records Full HD movies in the XAVC S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec for compression while saving files in a MP4 wrapper. The highly compressed files allow for longer record times. The camcorder also records in AVCHD, providing high-quality video for HDTV playback and Blu-ray disc burning. Additionally, the camcorder can shoot MP4 HD video, which is ideal for sharing over the internet at up to 28 Mbps. Having the ability to switch between all three of three formats makes this camcorder a versatile tool content creation. . For the greatest flexibility, you can even record AVCHD and MP4 formats simultaneously.
- Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens with 12x Optical Zoom
- The HDR-CX900E comes equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens. It features a wide 35mm-equivalent focal length of 29mm, making it suitable for capturing landscapes, as well as 12x optical zoom and 24x Clear Image zoom, for getting close to the action.
- BIONZ X Processor Enables High Speed 120 fps Recording
- The BIONZ X Image processor enables the camcorder to create more naturally vivid and lifelike images with higher resolutions. Detail reproduction technology optimally filters edges and textures different depending on the scene. It also features area specific noise reduction which swiftly and efficiently analyzes the subject and reduces noise. The image processor also allows you to record at 120 fps for slow-motion playback at 1/5th the speed when played back at 24 fps after post-processing.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode is an advanced optical Image stabilization technology that corrects camera shake to capture scenes with smoothness and stability. Intelligent Active Mode analyzes video frames and provides compensation with assistance from the BIONZ X image processing engine. Whether recording movies while walking or zooming, you can capture scenes with a higher level of stability.
- High Contrast 0.39" OLED EVF
- The HDR-CX900E provides a high contrast 0.39" OLED Tru-Finder EVF which reproduces rich color and deep blacks. The optical design of the EVF utilizes four dual-surface aspherical lenses, allowing for a 33° wide viewing angle that is clear from edge-to-edge of the viewfinder.
- Large 3.5" Xtra Fine LCD
- The 3.5" Xtra Fine LCD screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 921K dot resolution, delivering sharp, bright, and vivid images. The large screen allows you to compose your shots more easily, even when outdoors.
- Simple Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi/NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi/NFC support enables easy connectivity with smartphones for one-touch sharing and one-touch remote control. NFC (near field communication) provides "touch connection" convenience when transferring images to Android smartphones and tablets. You simply touch your NFC-compatible device to the camcorder to establish a connection.
- Multi Interface Accessory Shoe
- Expand photographic and movie shooting possibilities by attaching optional accessories via the Multi Interface Shoe. Attach an electronic viewfinder, external flash, stereo microphone, or even a compatible remote control via the Multi Terminal.
- Additional Features
- Built-in ND filters: Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64
- Manual focus assist: magnified display, peaking, and tracking focus
- Built-in speaker (monaural)
- Premium Closer Voice
- My Voice Cancelling
- 7 Picture Effects for video and photos
- LOW LUX mode
- Manual iris control
- Self timer
- Red-eye reduction
- Black/white fader effects
- Face detection
- CinemaTone Gamma/Color
- NightShot infrared system
- Airplane mode
|Sensor||1-Chip 1" CMOS|
|Sensor Resolution||20.92 MP|
|Effective Pixels||14.2 MP (16:9 Video)
14.2 MP (16:9 Photo)
10.6 MP (4:3 Photo)
|Screen Resolution||921,000 Dots|
|Resolution||1920 x 480|
|Rotation||Opening Angle: 90°
Turning Angle: 270°
|EVF Resolution||1,440,000 Dots|
|Shutter Speed||1/8 - 1/10000 Second ()|
|Inputs||1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Mini Jack|
|Outputs||1 x Micro-HDMI (Type D)
1 x Composite Video
1 x USB 2.0
1 x Bravia Sync
1 x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Mini Jack
|Package Weight||3.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.6 x 6.7 x 5.5"|